Ginger Ford Northshore Fuller Center for Housing, faith-driven and Christ-centered, is a non-profit housing ministry serving Tangipahoa and Livingston Parishes. We strive to help low-income, elderly and disabled citizens obtain safe, decent and affordable housing by using volunteers to build and repair. Homeowners pay us back for building materials based on terms they can afford. Their collective re-payments provide us with income to do more projects for the people we serve. It is truly a “pay-it-forward” ministry based on the bible verse Acts 20:35 which says “remember the words of the Lord Jesus, ‘it is a greater blessing to give than to receive.
We at the Fuller Center for Housing believe that:
- We are part of a God movement, and movements don’t just stop.
- We have been called to this housing ministry; we didn’t just stumble into it.
- We are unashamedly Christian, and enthusiastically ecumenical.
- We aren’t a church but we are a servant of the Church.
- We are faith driven, knowing that after we’ve done all we can do the Lord will help finish the job—something that requires us to stretch beyond our rational reach.
- We are a grassroots ministry, recognizing that the real work happens on the ground in communities around the world through our covenant partners, so a large, overseeing bureaucracy isn’t needed.
- We try to follow the teachings of the Bible and believe that it says that we shouldn’t charge interest of the poor, so we don’t. Government has a role in our work in helping set the stage, but that we shouldn’t look to it as a means to fund the building of home